Are you a Java developer looking to work on the adoption of cutting edge technology? Come represent IBM as a Java Developer Advocate. The overall mission of the Java Developer Advocate is to secure platform adoption and revenue growth through evangelism, community engagement, and a vibrant solutions ecosystem. IBM creates unique opportunities for our advocates to support social good programs through a focus on events that matter to them. Our focus is on the advocate's brand and increasing the strength of our advocate's presence in the market.
Multiple opportunities are available. Candidates must be willing to be based in one of the following locations: New York, San Francisco, Austin, or Raleigh
No remote opportunities exist
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
The Java Developer Advocate is a technical role with the mission of engaging with a broad community of developers and creating excitement around developer-related technologies. This position is a great opportunity to help improve the perception of Java and to increase usage of Java technologies through marketing programs as well as engagement with key accounts. As an Java Developer Advocate, you represent IBM to the developer community, helping to win hearts and minds over to IBM technologies.
What you will do:
- Develop content, educational materials, and demonstrate applications on IBM Cloud to demonstrate value and build excitement
- Encourage participation of the developer community in programs to increase primary tools and platform adoption
- Attend and speak at conferences, user meetups, and hackathons to connect with developers and understand how we can best serve them and make them successful
- Bring credibility and enthusiasm to technology conversations with developers, developer managers, and senior management
- Partner with other developers and community influencers to extend the presence of IBM in the Java community
- Engage influencers and third-party communities
- Maintain broad technical knowledge about IBM products, competitor products, and open source projects, and speak to future releases
- Become a thought leader in the market and a voice for Java developers inside IBM
- Create new market opportunities by identifying innovative solutions to expand developer engagement
- Success in this role is measured by the growth and retention of users on IBM Cloud and related offerings
Who you are:
- You love to build applications and create solutions collaboratively with other developers, and derive job satisfaction from helping others learn
- You are an expert with Java and are knowledgeable about the broader ecosystem
- You are able to converse with a broad range of developer technologies and communities (not only Java)
- You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and exceptional communication and presentation skills
- You have a genuine interest in solving developer problems with cloud computing, and the untapped potential of IBM technology
- You are actively involved in developer community groups
- You have good marketing skills and business sense
- You possess a strong software developer background, write code, and share what you know
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
5+ years of experience as a Java developer.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top