The Cloud Innovation Lab is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this opportunity to delight our clients. We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team, to innovate and share our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace.
We are looking for an experienced developer that is able to build and maintain scalable and robust services, own feature implementations, and handle the challenges associated with distributed systems running at scale.
- Free on site gym, including group exercise classes.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Events & activities: Ultimate Frisbee, table tennis, hockey, ...
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience with backend development on high performance distributed and complex systems.
- Have great practical knowledge of Golang and Shell scripts (3+ years).
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes and docker containers.
- Good knowledge of HTTP, Caching and RESTful API design.
- Understanding what it takes to build highly available, horizontally scalable distributed systems.
- Good understanding of CI/CD Methodologies.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with quality in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in micro-service design and shared library development, centralized logging, tracing and metrics solutions.
- Experience with: Kafka, Zookeeper, Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, OpenTracing, Jaeger/zipkin.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top