IBM is looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation and revolutionizing the way the business applications are recovered.
We are looking for a Software Architect who is passionate about building in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
The Software Architect will be part of the product architecture team responsible for architecture & design of the Resiliency Orchestration product suite. The candidate will be responsible for defining the architecture, help the engineering teams with the best approach and design for developing and integrating the various clouds, hypervisors and data platforms into Resiliency Orchestration platform.
- Define the architecture and approach for the features of the orchestration suite including the product, platform, deployment and integration.
- Work closely with product management in understanding the business requirement and provide inputs on technical requirements.
- Help the development team in defining the approach, software design and code reviews.
- Publish architecture documents for features and solutions.
- Assist the QA team in defining test scenarios.
- Maintain efficient & effective communication & collaboration with development and QA teams removing any technological impediments.
- Keep up to date with the technology advancements and propose better & efficient solutions
Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC - Must be able to work on-site in Raleigh, NC
aytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 10+ years of hands-on experience in architecture and development in Java of enterprise management software.
At least 5 years of:
- Experience in Cloud based technologies, specifically the internal workings of IaaS & PaaS
- Experience in architecture & designing products using Java in a multi-threaded environment and socket based communications
- Experience in designing and building complex, enterprise class applications which is highly scalable and extensible.
- Should have strong analytical skills, SDLC methodologies, excellent communication and ability to innovate.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- In depth knowledge and practical experience in backup/recovery and data protection mechanisms will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of high availability and disaster recovery architectures for databases/applications will be a big plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top