The SOC Operations Manager role is part of the SOC. Candidates in this role will oversee and coordinate the activities of SOC personnel and implement security assessment and incident response protocols. Candidates will coach personnel on technical issues and verify that they follow SOC policies to ensure all components are functioning optimally. Must establish and maintain metrics that help provide a high level of productivity, supportability, and operational readiness while also participating in project planning activities such as infrastructure enhancements and change management controls. Must have a proven track record in leading information security teams and technologies. Must have a general knowledge with regulatory and privacy laws.
- Provide first line supervision to SOC Team
- Develop and administer SOC processes and review their application to ensure that SOC's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
- Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches
- Produce and review aggregated performance metrics
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the SOC, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Play a significant role in long-term SOC strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior supervisory or technical team lead experience
- Track record of strong leadership
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Prior experience in Information Security or Managed Security Services
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Security Essentials - SEC401 (optional GSEC certification)
- Advanced Security Essentials - SEC501 (optional GCED certification)
- Intrusion Detection In Depth - SEC503 (optional GCIA certification)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top