Snr Developers/Development Leads for Ballarat Innovation Centre
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently looking to expand the team in our Client Innovation Centre in Ballarat and seeking talented Developers and Testers join us on the push to the Cognitive & Digital era!
The Application Development team is responsible for supporting the full life cycle of enhancements. As the Senior/Lead Developer you will provide technical or business analytical leadership for specific technical objectives within an implementation.
You will be responsible for leading multiple technical projects or technical portions of projects at one time and can manage a staff of developers and business analysts on the project.
Your responsibilities also include -
- Conduct technical process reviews, technical UAT's, and work in partnership with business consultants
- Technical code achieves passing rating during regular review
- Build integration jobs based on instructions and pre-established guidelines from a Technical Architect using existing tools available including the BW Integrator
- Facilitate code sharing and control by regularly submitting code to concurrent version system repository
- Ability to gather data migration requirements, define a data migration plan and perform complex data migrations requiring transformation using a database, and potentially containing very large data sets
- Analyze data quality requirements, define data quality plan and execute
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills -
- Able to effectively facilitate Technical Process Review sessions
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented concepts and design patterns, as well as prior work with OO languages e.g. Java, Ruby, C#, C++, etc
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS
- Prior experience working with an excellent understanding of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern
- Professional development experience with an MVC framework, e.g. Ruby on Rails, Struts
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of good UI design and ability to advise projects as to good UI design practices
- Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
- Prior Salesforce and Force.com experience
- Has attained both Force.com and Advanced Developer Salesforce.com levels of certification
- Seeks ongoing opportunities for Professional Development
Supporting IBM's Watson cognitive solution you will receive significant training to build your skills in new technologies and delivery methodologies and work with global experts.
We are looking for candidates who will inspire us. People who are always prepared to challenge thinking and ask why. Team players who will thrive in a collaborative environment.
You will be degree qualified and ideally will have prior exposure Agile methodologies.
You will demonstrate:
- A passion for technology and business
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility
- The flexibility to travel to client locations
Applicants must hold Australian Citizenship.
As this role is based in Ballarat, Victoria, relocation support will be considered for interstate applicants who are interested in moving to Ballarat to join our team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top