Skilled Developer for Cloud Research team
IBM Research is seeking candidates for Research positions in developing and operating state-of-art technologies for Cloud and network Infrastructure.
Our research focuses on cloud infrastructures and services, in particular on data center and cloud networking, cloud management, virtualization, machine learning, and big data analytics.
Cloud Platforms Research teams take part in generation and implementation of novel ideas and technologies to impact IBM next-generation cloud, improving its scalability, availability, manageability, and efficiency.
This position includes both research and development and requires good hands-on skills, especially as related to Cloud, Big Data processing, and analytics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (Masters degree is an advantage given enough experience and inclination to do hands-on work)
- Curiosity to do research combined with ability and inclination to implementing and operating working solutions
- Good command of English reading and writing
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Background knowledge in cloud and networking technologies is an advantage
- Experience in using and/or contributing to open source projects is desired
- Understanding of complex systems and problem solving skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top