Site Security Engineer (Incident Response and Web Security)
The IBM Innovation cloud lab Security and Compliance team is looking for a focused Site Security Engineer and Incident Response Engineer who can take on a leadership role in responding to security issues across the one of the largest cloud provider in the world. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive engineering teams to take the right actions in the right time frames to mitigate risks.
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. They must have the passion for engineering solutions to complex Cloud security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. The ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools that enable scaled programmatic automation is core to our organization.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. They w ill have the initiative to take a proactive approach and not just wait for an incident to occur.
We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years' equivalent technology experience.
- 5 years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- Previous experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents.
- Scripting/coding experience with Go.
- Confidently and intelligently respond to level 3-4 security incidents, and programmatically prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, Cloud and network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
Help identify, take ownership of, and drive improvements across the Cloud lab Innovation team.
- Provide support to the highly available systems that will run across data centers and all major Geography's
- Contribute to solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Recommend viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Solve problems and make use of automation/Feedback to make sure they will not happen again.
- Work closely with product engineers to advocate reliable and scalable system design for Supportability/Resilience and reliability.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years' equivalent information security experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud architectures, Internet security issues and threat landscape.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Programming experience in Go.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Deploy and maintain components on a large-scale environment
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and a capacity to get things done
- Capacity to adapt and learn quickly
- Experience with version control, Perforce/Git
- Strong automation skills
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems
- Experience with public cloud platforms
- Support/DevOps experience in a Linux based environment
- Experience in Networking, Streaming or Storage in a 24/7 environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top