Site Reliability Engineer_IBM Cloud
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer. Our Culture:
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Business Unit Introduction
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our Softlayer and BlueMix Platforms.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology. Who you are: You are a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) as well as a developer in Cloud Storage and Key Protect Development.
You have deep understanding of automation Technologies and their application in the cloud environment. What you'll do: You will engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of Cloud Storage or KP service - from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
You will support services before they Go Live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
You will maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
You will scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improves reliability and velocity.
You will practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems.
You will adhere to security and compliance best practices and policies.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Relevant experience of 3-7 years in development/automation maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins) .
- Strong programming experience in Shell, Perl, Golang, or Python
- Proven experience working on monitoring tools like (Kibana, Elastic Search, New Relics, Splunk).
- Proven Experience in deployment and configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins or NPM)
- Proven experience in Database administration (Preferably RethinkDB, ICD)
- Proven experience in containers and container orchestration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Demonstrated ability to deploy and troubleshoot issues of Cloud Services
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Security training such as handling certificates, crypto signing artifacts, secret management is desired.
- Networking knowledge and skills (preferably NetScaler, Vyatta)
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top