Site Operations Manager
The Real Estate professional applies experience in performing and interpreting business cases and financial analysis. Makes portfolio management and financial model recommendations based on a complete understanding of business strategy, priorities, accounting and financial targets through the development of comprehensive financial models and analysis across multiple investment opportunities. In addition, includes the analysis and interpretation of complex data, identification of issues, developing alternatives and recommended solutions.
This role includes facilities operations and management services, advice and planning for all aspects of owned and leased facilities and physical plant (infrastructure) required for proper operation of office and data centers. Identifies problems and develops solutions related to facilities management, operational and space planning issues.
The role also includes the leadership and accountability for the success of multiple projects and are responsible for an array of activities, including negotiating business terms and lease documents, planning construction projects, developing occupancy solutions
- Responsible for driving global best practice by continual improvement of business processes, systems and standards.
- Close cross functions interaction with I H S, Security, Finance, Legal, FM Service Provider as well as other functional support groups.
- Facilities operations strategic planning for current & long term view, Crisis & Emergency management, Space planning, Asset management, Landlord Management.
- Responsible for the base building /facilities relationship management - working with Landlord/FM supplier in base building/facilities management
- Ensuring statutory & legal compliances are met accordingly
- Ensure seamless communication, consistent follow up and timely receipt of all deliverables from all stakeholders (internal/external).
- Leads project implementation programs to meet the long-term strategies of IBM's accelerated growth focusing on contract management, process improvement, adoption of best practices, and business integrity.
- General administration - Environment, Health & Safety compliance & management, Business support, Process ownership & implementation, Budget tracking, Cost management, Operational control management, Contract Management, Vendor Management, Procurement / Costing.
- Assist the Country RESO Manager to drive Real Estate strategies that improve efficiencies and effectiveness to meet organization objectives in terms of time, quality and cost.
- People Management including medium to high level / Key company management members. All the above for multiple facilities & multiple cities.
- Finance Budgeting, Forecast, Plan & Track to accuracy.
- Process management, Business Controls, SOX knowledge & Compliance. People management skills to lead a highly talented & skilled team.
- Measures of success include documented improved efficiency, improved portfolio flexibility, balanced portfolio allocation between multi-project environments, high performance & consistent infrastructure, demonstrated compliance to national & international code / statutory requirements, success in meeting company's world-wide standards, and maximization of value-engineering and/or cost reducing opportunities to ensure cost effective deliveries.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Team leadership, liaison with client and consultant teams, negotiations, development of the scope of works and briefing documents, design and documentation, project planning, cost control, business controls, quality control, risk assessment, build sequencing, program scheduling, delivery to agreed schedules and budget, project tracking and financial management and executive communications.
- Excellent prioritization and self-management skills
- Ability to create opportunities and build strong working relationships across the organization
- A keen all rounder with a flexible approach
- Strategically orientated
- Confidence to adapt and perform under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to approach tasks with initiative, a clear and efficient process, and with a mind for creative problem solving
- A proactive self-starter
- Good people management skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Accountable for individual or team, or department results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities. Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses. May have budgetary responsibility. Participates in overall departmental program planning. Regularly demonstrates discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance to IBM.
Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top