SharePoint Architect (SME)
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The SharePoint Architect is a key member of the Software Engineering team. The SharePoint Architect is responsible for defining, architecting, configuring and implementing solutions for the SharePoint Farms and Office web applications. The SharePoint Architect will implement branding for entire site and configuration using PowerShell scripts, interact with customer throughout project lifecycle and serve as the technical and functional subject matter expert for SharePoint solutions internally and externally. The SharePoint Architect will also develop custom tailored SharePoint workflows and data exports to provide maximum automation and availability of submitted data for reporting and metrics on all collected information. The SharePoint Architect is also responsible for: • Eliciting and analyzing business processes and requirements from technical and non-technical teams and organizing tasks and estimating delivery times.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Performing operations and maintenance tasks, to include maintaining SharePoint servers and sites, troubleshooting issues, and responding to service desk ticket escalations. Investigate, analyze, document, and correct reported defects.
- Assisting in the development of training documentation and provide training when requested.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7 years experience in SharePoint configuration, architecture, development and implementation of custom solutions and portals.
- Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and SharePoint 2010
- Comprehensive experience with SharePoint configuration through the web UI and PowerShell scripts
- Experience using SharePoint server-side and client-side object models
- Experience with SharePoint branding with knowledge of creating and editing master pages and page layouts for entire site.
- Experience with configuring and customizing search and taxonomies.
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
- CompTIA certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with SharePoint Server 2013
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top