Services Leader- Analyst Relations
IBM is looking to hire a Services Leader-Technologist in our Analyst Relations (AR) organization, supporting IBM Services.
This person will have a deep knowledge in the area of Cloud Services and Digital Transformation.
The IBM Services business unit of IBM implements the technologies that IBM invents/pioneers. Understanding this process of working with clients to transform their businesses with leading edge IBM technology is important. Having experience with the process of understanding what a client needs, crafting a solution that fits their business and serving them to ensure complete customer satisfaction is why IBM Services is world renowned.
AR builds relationships with key market influencers who write or speak about IBM products platforms and programs. We shape influence upon two main pillars; first, crafting strategic messaging to speak to analysts from and second, responding to RFI's/reports that must be completed with a sense of discipline and detail. Success means having influencers speak and write positively about IBM, obtain strategic insights from the influencers to change the trajectory of our products and programs, and rate high in the quadrants of the published reports to enable our sales teams to highlight our strengths to potential customers. The ultimate goal is to progress revenue growth, and further lead the market in innovative consulting and IT Services.
AR is at the nexus of IBM sales and strategy, as it plays a critical, cross-functional strategy role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization across Offering (Product) Management, Engineering, Communications, Sales and Marketing teams, while leveraging important technology analysts.
AR is considered a strategic function at IBM, as it drives revenue and influences strategy.
• Proven performance in Analyst/Influencer Relations, Communications &/or Marketing
• Technical and competitive understanding of tech sector in the areas where IBM is strong and intending to grow more; Cloud Services and Digital Transformation.
• Ability to create strategic messaging and persuasively speak about your material to senior level audiences
• Strong skillset in building messaging/content that is concise and tells a story about competitive differentiators
• Interest and keen ability to build and foster meaningful relationships with most important influencers globally.
• Project Management skills or Certifications, such as PMP, PgMP, in order to effectively complete the strategic reports.
• Ability to not just manage, but lead, a global team of up to ten people.
• Create metrics that your team can be measured on which align with the overall team goals.
• Personal attributes that would make candidate a strong fit would be; analytical and technical mindset, a problem solver, an entrepreneurial spirit, a persistent, collaborative, open and curious person. Passionate about mentoring and leading others. Like to laugh.
• Foster an environment of accountability.
• Develop, manage and execute a targeted influencer/analyst plan for IBM Services; educate the most influential technical analysts who shape existing or prospective IBM customer buying. Embed within the business unit to influence strategy and sales, and improve analyst perceptions and relationships year-over-year.
• Develop a list of key global influencers to target over the course of 12 months with clear metrics on success.
• Influence analyst research on IBM, its competitors, and the markets that IBM competes in; shape the perception of IBM and the value it brings to its customers; improve analyst rating in influential reports and evaluations.
• Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in the area of focus; share relevant analyst research and implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings.
• Connect key IBM executives with influential technology analysts for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy.
• Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales, offering (product) management, communications, legal and BU leadership to ensure that IBM is being placed in the best light with the analyst community.
• Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms and independent analysts are actively engaged with IBM offerings.
• Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers, leading technical analysts, academia, and thought leaders.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple constituents across globe.
• Grow a deep technical interest in digital transformation ecosystem in order to go toe to toe with analysts and influencers on the subject.
• Must be entrepreneurial, and have a keen interest creating a business.
• Co-Create and Co-execute plans for IBM Services and third-party AR external events that complement and validate IBM's corporate messaging and strategy by incorporating actual customer use cases.
• Have experience in presenting/orating in large and small venues to senior management with polish and impact.
This role is located at IBM office in either Coopers Square, Manhattan, New York City, Armonk or North Castle.
Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% to meet in person with Business Unit executives and key global analysts and influencers.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proven experience in AR/Influencer Relations, Communications &/Or Marketing
• Understanding the core areas IBM Services competes in
Cloud Services and Digital Transformation.
• Prior Experience in the Services sector.
• Past leadership experience in leading team of up to 10.
• 10+ years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area such as: Marketing, Business Development, Consulting, Technical Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Communications or Strategy.
• Experience in responding to RFI's in a persuasive and timely manner.
• Ability to write and package strategic content.
• Executive presence to counsel to senior management regarding the market, competitive landscape and analyst outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in public speaking and conveying key messages to large and small venues
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Undergraduate Degree in Science (Engineering, Comp Sci, Applied Math, Physics) or Business
• Advanced Degree in the Engineering/Sciences, Math, Computer Science and/or MBA Strategy.
• Competitive understanding of the marketplace in areas such as; AI, ML, Data, Analytics, Security, Mainframes, Emerging Technologies, like Quantum.
• Past experience cultivating important relationships with leading technology entities (e.g. analysts, technology influencers, clients, bloggers, standards bodies, developers, other communities)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top