Service Line Representative (Hybrid Cloud and Resiliency)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Services Line Representative (SLR) is responsible for developing solutions that address their client's business needs and delivering client value while supporting IBM business strategies. The SLR is responsible for driving Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services signings and "as a Service" revenue across the assigned territory, with particular emphasis on Managed Services, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity and Backup & Restore Solutions.
The SCR works closely with the Project Executive and project office staff as well as the Sales & Distribution Client Executive to coordinate sales activities and to drive services business growth across existing IBM long term services clients in the Industry Sectors (State & Local government, Healthcare, Financial, Retail, Industry, etc) and in other cases on new customers with no preexisting relationships.
The SLR works in a highly matrixed environment, assembling an engagement team to assist in the sales and solution development comprising resources from multiple business units and service lines.
As a SLR is passionate about its clients' business - their organization, financials, competitiveness in the market, business issues - and equally knowledgeable about how the unique capabilities of IBM's solutions align to address their needs. SLR will be responsible for navigating IBM to identify and acquire critical resources needed to develop the best solution for the client, while applying IBM GTS brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor degree or above in telecommunications, electronic engineering, computer science or related discipline from reputable university
- At least 8 years' experience in IT Sales and Pre-Sales Support
- At least 3 year experience in System and/or Resiliency technology (ie. Virtualization, cloud computing, High availability, Replication) and concept (ie. BIA DRP, BCP)
- Have experience in selling / pre-sales Managed Services Data Center, Hosting Services and Business continuity services
- Be able to recognize compelling reasons for clients and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to communicate how to persuasively articulate how comprehensive IBM System Services / Resiliency Services solution(s) can best meet these requirements.
- Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Services solutions compared to competitors in the market.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrate knowledge of enterprise client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress opportunities from opportunity identification to closure.
- Understand and be able to articulate to clients deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value.
- Show evidence of working cohesively with principle partners to develop client relationships and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
- Strong sales leadership skills including pipeline management, opportunity management, execution of the IBM cadence process
- Be able to understand and navigate thru the IBM sales matrix to team to effectively drive System and Resiliency Services solutions into the marketplace.
- Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top