Service Introduction Manager – Service Management
Responsible to ensure applications/systems being developed to meet all operational (BAU) requirement before getting implemented to production environment based on the established and agreed solution, project management, testing disciplines and operations readiness.
This role will be the service management representative as part of a virtual team across project for projects delivery control and acceptance. Ensure the transition of any new or changing IT Services between project and BAU team
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Define processes based on ITIL frameworks to identify the roles and responsibilities
• Facilitate agreements & negotiations between project team and support teams
• Working across the organization to identify and assess demand for new service introductions with operational delivery units and prepare prioritization discussion of associated resource demands, ensuring consistency with overall demand / supply planning
• Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Transition Framework (STF) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle, coordinating all service transition activities.
• Effectively working with operational functions and counterparts in the SI process to ensure compliance with agreed processes and SLAs
• Identify all risks and issues that could have an impact on implementation, service transition and stabilization, or BAU service performance; facilitate discussion and mitigation activities.
• Manage Service Readiness through to the final decision for project go lives
• Driving optimal operation and continuous improvement of the Service Introduction process to deliver customer and project delivery excellence
• Setting up and running appropriate governance for Service Introduction and Internal Demand Management to ensure successful and controlled impact assessment of demand and resource prioritization
• Effective Stakeholder management and proactive Communication across the business
• Ensure the process interface dependencies between change management and other processes are align and effective
• Develop integrated service reporting mechanisms and provide reporting updates to the Senior IT Management as well as business management for the performance of the in-scope processes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor Degree or above in Information Technology or any related disciplines
• ITIL Service Management Foundation certification
• At least 5 years of relevant working experiences in I.T. industry, Change Management or Transition management would be an added advantage
• Experience of project delivery in all aspects of the Transition Lifecycle Management for the introduction of outsourced or managed support services.
• Technical knowledge on IT Infrastructure and Software
• Strong analytical ability and logical thinking
• Robust, accountable and independent
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with senior management in both Asia and overseas offices, internally and externally
• Excellent command in both written and spoken English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top