Service Coordinator - Problem Management
The Problem Manager is responsible for the quality and integrity of the problem management process and acts as the interface to the other process managers and the focal for escalation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage, escalate, and facilitate resolution of incidents impacting the customer. Act as the central point to manage and coordinate resolution of service centre escalations.
- Responsible for expediently restoring services by working closely with other support teams, users and vendors. Own, coordinate and facilitate resolution of all major incidents within SLAs or customer agreed timeframes.
- Co-ordinate with relevant support groups to ensure root cause is identified and rectified for all problems.
- Coordinate or perform communication on status of major incidents. Prepare and disseminate formal Major Incident Reports and track corrective actions to closure.
- Provide pro-active problem management by analyzing problem trends and formulate Corrective Action Plans with respective technology partners. Perform statistical analysis of major incidents, incidents and escalations. Develop and enact action plans to address common trends and reduce problem volumes.
- Handle day-to-day problem management issues and escalate to Problem Resolver Groups to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Arrange and chair technical conference bridges involving regional support teams as required.
- Perform regular review of process documentation. Seek approvals of various parties for updates. Participate in enhancement of incident, major incident and escalations processes.
- Conduct regular process and tools training to the Customer stakeholders and new staff as required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Mainframe UNIX, Windows, DBA, Storage, Firewall
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top