Service Coordinator - Major Incident Management
Job Summary: The Major Incident Manager role is responsible for managing service recovery from a Major Incident and is the liaison to the Incident Manager. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Validating classification of an incident as a Major Incident against Major Incident Criteria.
- Determining the scope of the Major Incident.
- Managing/Performing all IBM internal notification, executive alerts and escalation activities through service recovery of a Major Incident according to Notification Timeframes.
- Assembling a Major Incident Team consisting of technical support people (other levels of support, across domains/competencies as required), management and key stakeholders to develop, execute, monitor and track an integrated resolution plan through service recovery of the Major Incident
- Making service restoration / recovery decisions, engaging the delivery center account team as required.
- Ensuring that the progress of the Major Incident recovery and all relevant times are documented in the associated Incident Record(s).
- Initiating and facilitating the Major Incident bridge meetings and communications as needed.
- Major Incident Technical Bridge
- Major Incident IBM Management Bridge
- Major Incident Customer Bridge
- Contacting the continuity provider for a Data Center crisis or for exceptionally severe single customer outages.
- Obtaining and providing status on Major Incident recovery progress.
- Recording actions taken to coordinate recovery (notifications / escalations), Ensuring that the customer is contacted to confirm that the service has been restored to the customer's satisfaction according to Major incident Exit Criteria Policy.
- Chairing the Incident Review
- Establishing and maintaining a dialogue with Technical Teams, Delivery Project Executives (DPE), Service Integration Leader (SIL), and Customer Focal as a single point of contact for specific Major Incidents.
- Acting as focal point for process execution to the IT organization and other stakeholders
- Performing/coordinating day to day process management
- Responding to the Incident Analysts regarding escalation issues in a timely and appropriate fashion, escalating incidents further when needed
- Manage reduction in resolution times (Mean time to resolve)
- Providing proactive recommendations to improve the stability of the delivery environment
- Utilizing the appropriate reporting management system to provide process performance reports and analysis
- Monitoring, tracking and communicating process execution activities to identify, initiate and manage required action to meet service level agreements
- Taking appropriate action in case of negative process performance trends
- Identifying incidents that have not been acted upon in a timely manner and taking appropriate action
- Chairing Incident review meetings, as needed, including customer meetings (if needed)
- Identifying and determining appropriate action for Incidents which need special attention or escalation
- Re-prioritizing incidents to Major Incident when Major Incident criteria is met during an incident's life cycle according to Major Incident Criteria
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Major Incident Management Incident Management
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top