Service Availability Manager
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Business Unit Introduction
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
Who you are
Individuals performing this role focus on the Availability Management for GTS Infrastructure Services Clients.
They work to optimize the availability of IT infrastructure, systems and services to meet the commitments IBM has made to its clients related to availability target levels in a cost-effective manner.
They use their technical and client environment knowledge to assure services and components are designed and delivered to meet their availability targets.
What will you do
They provide a holistic view of the client's environment and make recommendations to improve overall service availability.
- They are responsible to develop and maintain Availability Plans which prioritizes and plans IT availability.
- They monitor IT availability levels by comparing actual levels against targets and addressing shortfalls.
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Of misleading advertisements and fraudsters issuing 'Offer Letters', on behalf of IBM in exchange for a fee. We recommend you to Stay Alert. Read more here http://ibm.co/2fwBkyK. To avoid any instance of fraud, when receiving communication from IBM, look for this authentic IBM e-mail format: XYZ@in.ibm.com.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 7+ Years of experience in Service Availability Management
- Ability to articulate standard methodologies for during implementation
- Proven experience in risk-based systems running on Several Server platforms along with OS clustering, writing shell scripting ,partitioning and virtualization
- Demonstrated experience in handling day-to-day Server and operating system installation, migration and break-fix support
- Willingness to work in nights shifts or support 24 x 7 Coverage as per the Business needs
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top