Server Solution Brand Sales Specialist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for Server Solutions sales and business development. This is senior leadership role accountable for the Server Solutions sales and offerings to deliver on the multi-quarter financial performance of the brand. Working with the MEA brands and offerings teams this role provides both tactical and strategic Sales Leadership. Key Responsibilities and Goals
• Accountable for Server Solutions offerings, market share and multi quarter financial performance (revenue & GP)
• Leads Servers Solutions Business Unit Sellers / specialists community;
• Develops offering playbook with associated enablement for deployment across all routes to market
• Manage the brands plays & offerings to ensure healthy pipeline through the full year & quarter by quarter.
• Assesses offering performance / field feedback and competitive positioning and feedback MEA brands offering, adjusting offerings to fulfill local market dynamics and innovate new tactics to better execute on the offerings.
• Reports & forecast brands performance on Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly bases to MEA management.
• Identifies best practices and propagates them for broad adoption
Responsibilities / Skills / Objectives
• Extensive Servers / Systems Infrastructure sales expertise including:
o Solution selling both HW & SW experience
o Strategic business development, offerings and plays
o RTM, channel programs & management system
• Multi-cultural sales experience working with and through a highly matrixed organization
• Extensive senior sales experience, able to travel 25-50% time.
• Strong Server sales / offerings / business development experience
• Collborative influence required across all business units, essential for success in this role will be the engagement and support of Channel, S&D & Cloud.
• Innovation is key factor - a leader who can implement innovative ways to differentiate IBM sales from that of our competitors
• Strong client relationship skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 7 years experience using IBM internal and external sales tools
- Offering Management Training/Experience
- At least 3 years Channel Experience
- The ideal candidate is inquisitive and demonstrates strong business acumen, has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for the business.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills are a must, with the ability to manage diverse and complex discussions, and the ability to influence senior BU and Geo level executives
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Social selling experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top