- Mumbai, India
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
As a IBM Server Solutions Sales Specialist you will lead the entire sales cycle to include opportunity identification, qualification, solution development, proposal writing, pricing, executive-level presentations and deal closure for the complete IBM Server Solutions portfolio including IBM Power Systems, IBM LinuxOne & Mainframes.
You will use a consultative selling approach to discover and understand prospects' business drivers and technical requirements.
A key success indicator will include demonstrable experience evangelizing innovation and selling a disruptive technology into various industries.
What you'll do:
- Territory and Account Management with ownership of account planning, opportunity strategy
- Lead winning sales campaigns and develop deal-winning strategies and tactics
- Engage with and build consultative relationship with C level IT and Business executives
- Consistently exceeding quarterly revenue goals while developing a robust sales pipeline
- Generate demand, qualify and progress opportunities, negotiate pricing and contracts
- Provide qualified and timely sales forecasting
- Maintain high levels of customers satisfaction
- Collaborate in a highly matrixed environment
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You'll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of experience as an enterprise sales professional in data center infrastructure field with a proven history of success.
- Experience in UNIX/ Linux Server Sales is preferred.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience successfully introducing a disruptive technology to the marketplace and replacing incumbent competitors
- Demonstrated past success in building a sales territory from the ground up
- A dedicated entrepreneurial approach and proven track record in penetrating new accounts, developing great relationships with decision-makers, building compelling business cases and closing deals
- Proven ability to create and articulate compelling value propositions that solve business and technology problems
- Good written/verbal communications skills
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top