Senior VMware Administrator
Technical Specialists wanted!
You celebrate technology, embrace diversification and sophistication of work.
You would like to collaborate globally and significantly contribute to complex projects.
You want to have a chance to develop your technical skills according to the latest automation technologies on the market.
Why not have it all?
IBM is looking for experienced professionals for its Projects Services organization!
If you are a team player with a "CAN-DO" attitude, self- driven and ready for new challenges across the Project Management, apply NOW!
Perks of the job:
• Project work only! No maintenance, no daily support, no standby /on calls, no shifts!
• Remote work possibility
• Attractive work environment
• Full time position with a possibility to consider your individual needs and interests
• Internal and external training and certifications
• Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills' development
Your Role and Responsibilities
Virtualization Engineer performs Operations and Maintenance for a multi-location enterprise (over 3000 users) in VMware, vSphere environment. This role requires multitasking and prioritizing skills in a dynamically changing environment. You will have to share your knowledge and communicate your ideas to all virtualization team members. You will also work closely and cooperate with storage, network, messaging, active directory and configuration management teams if needed.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
- Trainings and certifications
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Fresh fruits in the office
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Build, configure and maintain VMware clients, servers, and architecture
- Provide local and remote diagnostics and technical issue resolution
- Communicate issues and recommendations back to leadership in clear, concise manner
- Support other functional teams on a regular basis
- Responsible for all aspects of project provisioning.
- Continuous improvement of systems engineering-related processes and procedures.
- Plans, documents procedures and coordinate systems software/ hardware activities with local and remote team members and customers including team members and customers 3rd parties.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred skills but not mandatory:
- Strong understanding of networking and storage concept
- VMware Certified Professional V 5/6 - (VCP)
- CCNA Data Center
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top