Senior Verification / Logic design engineer
IBM's Brain-Inspired Computing team at IBM Research - Almaden has built a first-of-a-kind modular, scalable, non-von Neumann, ultra-low power, cognitive computing architecture (TrueNorth) and associated end-to-end software ecosystem. We are building state-of-the-art digital neuromorphic chips and systems (large-scale and mobile) to solve real-time sensory problems.
We seek team members with proven hardware backgrounds who know a bit about machine learning. Ideal candidates will have expertise in several of the following areas:
Neuromorphic hardware design:
- VLSI design including synthesis, place and route physical design, integration, timing and power optimization
- Logic and RTL design, simulation, test and debug
- Verification, and validation with SystemVerilog and UVM environments
- Large-scale neuromorphic system design
- Mapping neural networks to custom hardware
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying complex systems for real-world applications
- Parallel programming using tools such as Message Passing Interface (MPI), Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA), OpenMP
- Expert level programming skills in C++, Python
- Real-time embedded software/firmware development, Linux kernel/device drivers, system level simulation and optimization
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 year experience in any of the following: SystemVerilog, UVM, SystemC, Verilog or VHDL.
- At least 1 year in C++/Python and Object Oriented Methodology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 4 year experience in any of the following: SystemVerilog, UVM, SystemC, Verilog or VHDL.
- At least 3 year in C++/Python and Object Oriented Methodology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top