Senior UX Strategist (Columbus, OH)
The Senior User Experience Strategist creates transformative, brand specific experiences by uncovering deep human insights that drive measurable business outcomes. This role is a lead "dot-connector" that works iteratively with multiple groups, e.g. account service, brand strategy, creative, technology, and client teams.
The ideal "t-shaped" candidate has a broad understanding across all project phases, deep knowledge in one or more areas, and is comfortable construct meaningful end-to-end experiences that span across multiple touch-points and channels, e.g. digital, physical, environmental, etc.
- Craft experience strategy through all project phases to uncover customer insights, define a strategy to innovate the customer experience, and create a roadmap to guide the execution of that strategy
- Lead and/or execute UX work, including ethnographies, personas, experience maps, strategic frameworks, collaborative ideation session, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, technical oversite, as well as iterative testing throughout
- Oversee and strategically guide interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy and implementation work; manage priorities and methods
- Make recommendations to clients and project teams based on a balance of desirability, feasibility, and viability
- Articulate and own the project vision, working to ensure project team alignment
- Mentor and manage junior team members
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of user experience, with strong portfolio showcasing work
- Demonstrated passion for uncovering insights that drive meaningful outcomes
- At least 3 years of experience demonstrating leadership skills, with ability to achieve results
- Bachelor's degree or above in related field, e.g. architecture, industrial design, HCI, visual communications, etc. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong understanding of how user-centered projects move from problem statement to measurable results
- Adept at enabling experiences in a module / componentized fashion, i.e. Atomic Design, in an agile work environment
- Staying current on trends and innovations in experience design, customer experience strategy, technology, development, visual design, art and research
- Proficiency in tools such as Axure, Sketch, and InVision
- Experience in Service Design, CX, BX,
- Transformational work experience in industries like retail, CPG, financial services, health and life sciences
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top