Senior UX Designer (f/m/x)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a part of a multi-disciplined product design team, you will articulate and envision the future of IBM's portfolio of software products.
As a user experience designer, you will guide our users. You specialize in information architecture, user interaction, intuitive workflows and content prioritization. You will work with product management and design researchers to obtain market and user research and translate it into a draft of what the product will look like, how it will behave, and how it ties back to the user's goals typically in the form of wireframes. As a part of a multi-disciplined product design team, you have a good understanding of 'neighbouring' disciplines like user research or visual design is expected. you will articulate and envision the future of IBM's portfolio of software products.
Show us what you are capable of and submit a portfolio (URL or PDF). It should contain examples of your work and how it influenced design decisions (max 5 MB and not more than 15 documents).
Dies ist eine Stellenausschreibung für die IBM Deutschland Research and Development GmbH.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 + years of hands-on work experience creating software product experiences, even more so for enterprise-class software
- Relevant education or work-experience in interaction design, communication design, or comparable
- Demonstrated interaction design skills
- Ability to use industry standard design tools at a minimum of an intermediate level or higher
- Deep skills in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Deep understanding of usability and user-centered design practices
- B elief in and drive to apply a proper design process
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-directed design team
- A trustful and reliable nature with strong organizational skills
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Fluent English and r ock-solid , demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of hands-on work experience creating software product experiences, even more so for enterprise-class software
- Demonstrated leadership: You drive and motivate not only yourself but the ones around you
- Ability to organise and structure a complex work environment
- Ability to build small prototypes in HTML or respective software
- Basic German skills
This position offers an excellent opportunity to evolve IBM's user research practices. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to develop your design skills within a multi-disciplinary team of designers, but also developers and business professionals focused on the next generation of software. You will gain real-life experience with a corporate position that will not only impact IBM's bottom line but also influence the future of software.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
"What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top