Senior User Experience Designer
Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Marketing Platforms is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer with exceptional design sensibilities to join our growing internal product team. The Senior User Experience Designer will collaborate with cross-functional agile development and product teams to lead the design and delivery of human-centered solutions informed by user research. You will lead project work in all phases of the design process including design thinking, conceptual exploration, prototyping, UI design, interaction flows and is expected to contribute design validation activities. As a leader in this practice you will embody and advocate the notion that design is the rendering of intent and with that in mind endeavor to deliver exceptional experiences.
You will contribute to project work in all phases of the design process including design thinking, conceptual exploration, prototyping, UI design, interaction flows and are expected to contribute design validation activities. As a leader in this practice you will embody and advocate the notion that design is the rendering of intent and with that in mind endeavor to deliver exceptional experiences.
• You are curious and self-aware; a natural problem-solver who will face a challenge with determination and a sense of humor
• You have the proven ability to shape the direction and execution of projects from start to finish
• You communicate your ideas clearly and persuasively and are mindful of your audience
• You work well both autonomously and as part of a vibrant and diverse team
• You balance a data driven-approach with inspired creativity
• You iterate quickly, incorporating feedback from users and stakeholders
• You're a versatile thinker who can step back to look at the whole and zoom in to focus on the right details
• You care about moving the needle on business metrics and creating designs that deliver results
• You have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts including prototypes, drawings, and storyboards
• Lead all aspects of design for a complex product or feature set
• Develop elegant and effective user experiences
• Design conceptual diagrams, interaction flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups
• Collaborate seamlessly with designers, product managers, and engineers to create highly polished experiences
• Work in an agile environment using data and analytics to inform user-centered design decisions and rapid iterative improvement
• Apply Design Thinking principles to explore the problem, define goals and validate concepts
• Actively lead or participate in user research activities to enable better user outcomes
This role is located in IBM offices in New York City, NY.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years experience in digital product experience design
- 2+ years working at a Lead, Principal, or higher level
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Degree in HCI, Interaction Design or equivalent industry experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top