Senior Technical Writer
Are you interested in working on state-of-the-art software projects? Can you jump back and forth between small apps and giant systems? Can you demonstrate a working history on real projects and your contribution to them? Are you comfortable getting direct feedback about your work? Would you enjoy working in an environment that is on one hand friendly and fun, and on the other hand exposes you to international customers and cultures?
If you found yourself in the questions above, we want to talk to you. EZSource , an IBM company is looking for passionate technical writers to work on challenging software development. We're most interested in people who have background in Computer Science, can demonstrate they're passionate about their work, like to share the success and want to keep learning
• Write different types of manuals / online content in a clear and concise manner such as user guides, installation and configuration manuals
• Be technically savvy in the areas of documentation, by being hands-on with the features that is being dealt with
• Be capable of researching for relevant information independently
• Be proficient in usage of documentation tools & systems and aware of new technologies in documentation, industry best practices
• Deliver the work allocated in time and with quality
We have a great place to work in terms of technical challenges, come and be part of something strong and special.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• DITA and the ID Workbench (Oxygen XML editor and transform tools)
• Ability to work with Adobe Acrobat PDFs
• Skills to create demonstration videos, such as usage of Camtasia
• Basic graphic design skills and tooling, like Hypersnap, for capturing screens
• Deep skills in Microsoft Office tools
• Proficiency in English
• 3 years+ experience as a technical writer in IT field
• University degree in a Computer Science or related discipline
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Familiar with IT field related technologies and environment
• Strong research skill
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented, organized
• Proactive and a really good team player
• Familiar with project management and repository tools a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top