Senior Technical Consultant - Software Group Professional Services
IBM Software Group Professional Services - Senior Technical Consultant - Hybrid Cloud Team
Location preference is Canberra, however will consider Sydney or Melbourne
IBM Lab Services delivers expertise in innovative design, implementation, training and support for IBM Software products. Our team of highly skilled consultants, with broad architectural knowledge and deep technical skills, are the specialists called on to deliver successful outcomes to client projects. Lab Services are the first to use new IBM Software products in the field, enabling our customers to realise expected business benefits sooner.
IBM Lab Services offer IBM customers a range of skills to ensure their complex projects are a success:
Consulting - Our skilled and knowledgeable consultants assist clients with the deployment of IBM software solutions, maximising the value of their investment and achieving or exceeding the business results they seek.
Education - We have developed a broad range of educational solutions to enable clients to understand, plan, implement, optimise, use and maintain IBM software. These solutions are delivered globally by expert instructors with real-world experience.
Premium Support - Whether clients are already using an IBM software solution or planning to implement one, we can help leverage ongoing business value from their investment. Our Premium Support Program covers the entire software infrastructure lifecycle - from planning, through deployment, growth and optimisation, to management of upgrades and change.
IBM Australia, Software Group Services, is seeking an experienced Principal Technical Consultant.
The successful candidate will leverage IBM tools, technologies and frameworks to design and implement IBM Integration Bus (IIB) & Message Queue (MQ) products.
The successful candidate can be located in Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne, however the successful candidate will be required to undertake national and/or international travel where projects require on-site delivery.
The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to submit all forms and information required to obtain Australian Government security clearance baseline or higher.
This position is one of the top technical positions in the A/NZ Software Services organization. Its primary purpose is to aid customers in the deployment and/or use of IBM Integration Bus (IIB) & Message Queue (MQ).products. The position has the following responsibilities:
- Implement IBM Integration Bus (IIB) & IBM MQ.
- Develop and document technical, architectural and business requirements
- Design architecture based on customer's requirements.
- Install and configure software
- Analyse customer data and develop appropriate software configurations to meet customer data and business requirements
- Solve technical and configuration issues
- Ideally you will have at least 5 years of hands-on knowledge of IBM Integration Bus (IIB) & IBM MQ
- Experience with conducting business workshops and the ability to design and implement governance solutions
- Knowledge of IBM Integration Bus (IIB) & IBM MQ concepts & analysis, architecture, modelling concepts and enterprise applications desired.
- Knowledge in designing of message flows in IIB.
- Knowledge in developing IIB applications using ESQL and Java.
- Knowledge in protocols standards (e.g. Web Services, REST, JMS, MQ, JDBC) and message format (e.g. XML, JSON, CSV).
- Must be able to learn quickly, run workshops and training, make strong individual contributions and handle multiple projects in a team environment
- Familiarity with Windows Servers, Linux, AIX, VMware and Cloud environments
- Knowledge of API Connect advantageous
- Knowledge of Cloud Native technologies would be advantageous.
This position may require up to 25% or 2 days travel per week.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top