Senior Systems Engineer
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "Be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBM'ers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBM'er.
Business Unit Introduction :
IBM Watson Health represents a new partnership between humanity and technology. The era of Cognitive Healthcare is here. It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being.
IBM Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyse more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health offers complete end-to-end value based solutions to optimize performance, engage consumers, deliver effective care and manage entire patient populations. It provides robust data integration and aggregation competency, risk-stratified analytics, performance measurement reporting, care management and care coordination tools, and patient engagement solutions that help enable every member of the care team to function at the highest level. Our exclusive innovation in cognitive computing enhances and accelerates expertise while facilitating collaboration and containing cost. This translates to a streamlined approach to managing population health for you and your health system.
Who you are:
- Data Center Environment Support 24/7 with onshore resources
- Build Data Center Environments to specifications.
- Create practice and maintain standard installations and setup procedures for various.
- Help update documentation for Run-the-Engine functions
- Participate in incident resolution and perform Root cause analyses on production issues.
- Consult with vendors and other teams to recommend best practices and tune software during the development cycle.
- Recommend and maintain standards for monitoring and event management.
- Assess impact on performance with different changes and review scalability of the infrastructure.
- Designing, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting and problem analysis on various Middleware technologies (IBM WebSphere /Portal, Http Server, and Cognos)
What you'll do:
- Co-ordinate with other support team like Network, Storage, VMWare and Applications on Built in the Infrastructure for more than 2000 Servers
- Writing efficient, main table and readable Bash or Python scripts.
- Work with other Engineers to develop Ansible code to manage the servers.
- Manage the RHEL, AIX and Sun OS servers' 100% uptime.
- Co-ordinate with Hardware and OS vendors to resolve the server issues.
- Support High Availability of Storage and Networking.
- Create and Maintain design specifications and related documentation.
- Building the Application Tier Environment for IBM Watson Value based Care.
How we'll help you grow:
- You will have the opportunity to work and manage RHEL, AIX and SunOS servers and Ansible, Puppet CMS Technologies.
- Technical and customer oriented
- Working with peer towers for technical support and interface with customer
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams embracing time zone and cultural aspects is a key to the success of this position
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience in managing and automating LINUX and UNIX Infrastructure and its services.
- Scripting programming exposure to automate various internal processes systems.
- Should have strong experience on RHEL system administration on version 6.x/7.x and above.
- Should have handled large RHEL environment consists of approximate 2000+ servers.
- Should have experience in CMS like Ansible or Puppet.
- Should have experience in AIX or Sun OS.
- Experience in Python, Shell and Perl.
- Ability to work with applications, network, storage and other interdepartmental teams for provisioning the end-to-end solutions across the various system platforms.
- Perform Level 3 Support UNIX Operating system.
- Configure High Availability / Storage Devices and Network Devices.
- Ability to attend calls on-call basis whenever assigned.
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Ability to work with Linux-friendly applications and able to troubleshoot it when issue arises.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Linux / AIX / Sun OS
- Bash / Python Scripting
- Ansible / Puppet
- Linux OS installation on VM infrastructure Backup tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top