Senior System Administrator (AIX.Unix.SUSE)
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
- Perform L3 support on SUSE Enterprise Linux
- Perform L3 support on AIX
- Implementation of SAP HANA on Lenovo Appliances and POWER Hardware
- Apply SAP recommendations as per SAP notes to an existing SAP HANA systems
- Backup and Recovery of SAP HANA Databases
- Good working knowledge of Lenovo and POWER Hardware.
- Knowledge of GPFS Installation,
- Configuration and support
- Knowledge of SAP environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- AIX Server Administration
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- AIX Certification
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top