Senior Support Specialist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Working under minimal supervision the Senior Support Specialist will do the job of Support but also is the escalation point of contact for troubleshooting cases. The Senior Support Specialist will review the most advanced cases by doing a detailed diagnosis and investigation. They will recognize and escalate priority issues. Having the ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language is critical to the success of this role. The Specialist must exercise independent judgment, as well as demonstrate a continuous positive attitude and be a team player.
Essential Job Duties
• Be responsible for performing the duties and jobs of the Support Specialist and Senior Support Specialist by responding quickly and appropriately to help requests, work will include supporting remote users and sites.
• Adhere to Helpdesk SLA's and agreed to response times. Document common help requests and solutions. Work to solve root causes of recurring problems.
• Support various applications by effectively troubleshooting problems and working with other team members.
• Communicate resolutions or updates professionally.
• Serve as subject matter expert on IBM Clinical Development
• Perform consultations by offering advice and expertise to organizations to help them improve their study builds.
• Effectively communicate with management and teammates in all stages of work.
• Provides training and answers technical how-to questions for Support Specialist.
• Develop and create documentation and support materials for Internal and External Clients.
• Work closely with other departments for collaborating support projects
• Develop, modify, maintain, and continuously improve reports for clients.
• Work with the support subject matter experts to develop learning objectives, and documentation designed to improve support education and efficiency
• Pursues a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars, and participation in continuing education.
• Work on specialized projects assigned by Manager.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Fluent in reading/speaking Chinese, Japanese, and English
Clinical trial industry knowledge.
• Ability to communicate technical answers to a non-technical audience.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills, with a proven track record demonstrating the ability to visualize complex technical issues or situations and think abstractly to solve the issues
• Train other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed.
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and time management skills
• Professionally communicate and update customer issues to internal and external contacts
• Versed in logic or programming.
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top