Senior Strategy Consultant, Chief Analytics Office- 2021 Summer Intern
- Westchester, NY
The smartest companies today use data and analytics to make strategic decisions. The IBM Chief Analytics Office team, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, is an elite team of strategy consultants and data scientists. We combine business knowledge with advanced analytics to direct the future of IBM's strategic transformation. We take on IBM's most complex, C-suite business challenges, from design and planning to implementation, by applying state-of-the-art statistical techniques and the power of artificial intelligence. We drive change in a global company that has always been at the forefront of technology.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2021 (3 MONTHS)
This position is an internal Senior Strategy Consultant Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. This position's responsibilities include diving into business problems, formulating and testing hypotheses using quantitative analysis, and delivering insights that drive business impact. You are passionate about using data to solve business problems. You are a creative thinker and an influential leader trusted to prove actionable recommendations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
• You need to have a BA/BS or MS in Economics, Business, Data Science, Engineering or STEM related field
• You have strategy consulting and/or project management experience
• You have the ability to develop, analyze and research business problems
• You have the ability to simply and succinctly summarize complex analyses
• You have advanced interpersonal and stakeholder e ngagement skills
• You have advanced oral and written communication skills
• You have a passion to collaborate with others within and outside your team
• You have knowledge of quantitative data analysis and statistical modeling
• You have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• You live or are willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Additional consideration will be given for these qualifications:
- You are pursuing a Master of Business Administration or 5+ years of relevant experience
- You have familiarity with machine learning, prescriptive or predictive modeling
- You have experience with Python, R or another programming language or software
About Business Unit
The Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tased by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top