Senior Sterling Order Management Developer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Senior Sterling Order Management Developer Developer executes implementation projects in accordance with approved client Statements of Work (SOWs) for the IBM Commerce technical services consulting organization.
Working as an individual contributor or as part of a larger team the Sterling OMS / Commerce Developer should demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrated customer facing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to business and technical audiences
• Accurate, detailed knowledge of specified technology software and services and experience with applicable consulting practices, methodologies and tools
• Maintains and expands technical and business knowledge through study and on-site delivery experience
• Describe and demonstrate features, functions and benefits in relation to the customer's environment and requirements
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of the fundamental concepts, technologies, standards and methodologies
Preferred skills include:
• Web technologies and services including XML, HTML, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience with application server architectures (J2EE)
• Experience with application development and system architecture design; working knowledge of UNIX (HP, IBM, Red Hat LINUX) and Windows, C++, Java and XML
• Experience with Object Oriented (OO) programming languages such as Java and C++
• Experience with java programming (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Swing)
• Experience in XML, XML, parsers, and XSL
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our BATON ROUGE center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years' experience in implementing Sterling Commerce products, Retail Supply Chain implementations and system integrations.
- At least 3 years' experience in web technologies and services, including XML, HTML, and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).
- At least 3 years' experience in Object Oriented (OO) programming languages such as Java.
- At least 1 year experience in a lead consultant/developer role, working on complex projects.
- Readiness to travel (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Basic Knowledge
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years' experience in implementing Sterling Commerce products, Retail Supply Chain implementations and system integrations.
- At least 5 years' experience in a Lead consultant/developer role, working on complex projects.
- At least 5 years experience in web technologies and services including XML, HTML, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- At least 5 years experience with application server architectures (J2EE)
- At least 5 years experience with Object Oriented (OO) programming languages such as Java
- At least 5 years experience with java programming (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC)
- English: Intermediate
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top