Senior Sterling Integration Developer
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Sterling OMS Integration Developer is responsible for data transformation, data security and data delivery processes. The primary application is IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, using Extensible Markup Language (XML) and XML Path Language (XPath), Business Process Modeling Language (BPML), graphic process modeling, and custom data transformation languages (java based). Some Java, Linux, and other development included.
Working as a team leader as a Sterling Integration Developer should demonstrate the following:
• Experience with data transformation processes in the Sterling Map Editor
• Experience with data delivery mechanisms using (S)FTP, AS2, HTTPS and other protocols
• Provide personal and knowledgeable customer support
• Demonstrated familiarity with database design and SQL query development
Preferred skills include:
• Experience with EDI document standards
• Experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling File Gateway
• Experience with XML, XSLT, and XPath
• Experience with SFTP, FTP, FTPS, AS2, HTTPS, TCP, UDP protocols
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our BATON ROUGE center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 6 or more years of relevant experience
- At least 4 years experience in Development of data transformation processes in the Sterling Map Editor
- At least 4 years of demonstrated familiarity with database design and SQL query development
- At least 4 years of experience in IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling File Gateway
- Readiness to travel (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years experience in Development of data transformation processes in the Sterling Map Editor
- At least 5 years experience in IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling File Gateway
- At least 5 years experience in demonstrated familiarity with database design and Structured Query Language (SQL) query development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top