Senior Staff Software Engineer
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
- You are an IBM Cloud Software Development Engineer.
- You are talented, innovative and enthusiastic Software engineering professional who will building the next generation cloud and security services to make our customers succeed.
- You are a part of Cloud platform Service Engineering team.
- You are responsible for delivering infrastructure services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality.
- You will be the key individual responsible for development of new cloud services on the IBM Cloud Platform.
- You will get to work with Fortune 100 Enterprise clients and build hyperscale cloud services for the largest companies in the world.
- We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years proven programming experience in GoLang/Python/Java/PHP5+/C++
- Programming experience in object oriented design principles and patterns. With knowledge of SOA web services - REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, XML, JSON.
- Proven Experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes) along with considerable experience configuring and administrating Linux(or other Unix-like) systems.
- Strong e xperience working in large distributed microservice architectures
- Experience in developing building tests API layers web services such as SOAP, Rest, or JSon.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), also non-relational e.g. ETCD a plus.
- Experience in large systems software design and development.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies and implement prototypes in a timely fashion
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with virtualization (KVM/QEMU/libvirt a plus).
- Understanding of issues related to security and compliance.
- Solid understanding of REST and gRPC.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top