Senior Software QA Engineer
Are you interested in working on state-of-the-art software projects?
Are you a technically curious Senior Software QA Engineer?
Can you jump back and forth between small apps and giant systems?
Can you demonstrate a working history on real projects and your contribution to them?
Are you comfortable getting direct feedback about your work?
Would you enjoy working in an environment that is on one hand friendly and fun, and on the other hand exposes you to international customers and cultures?
If you found yourself in the questions above, we want to talk with you.
IBM is looking for passionate, curious software QA engineers to work on challenging software development.
We're most interested in people who have strong background in Computer Science, who can demonstrate they're passionate about their work, like to share their success and want to keep learning.
You will enhance and expand the Quality process across the product portfolio.
- Perform manual and automated tests related to IBM products.
- Create test documentation such as, test scripts, test scenarios, checklists.
- Contribute to each key phase during a product life-cycle.
- Adopt and apply proper test strategies and methodologies.
- Identify risks related to testing phases/processes and try to describe the impact of each.
- Be active part in generating and identifying relevant test data.
Come and join our team if you want to thrive in a solid and friendly environment, where interesting, cutting-edge technologies meet the enthusiasm and innovative ideas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to testing techniques, strategies, methods and commitment to the Quality Assurance field
- Very good spoken and written English skills
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Proactive and a team player
- Experience in working with databases (SQL Server)
- Highly skilled in working with different OS-es: Windows and Linux
- Shell scripting
- Familiar with Agile environments (Scrum, XP)
- Experience with desktop Windows-based applications
- Logical and analytic approach to problem solving
- 3 years+ experience in the QA Field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Java/C++ programming knowledge
- Java script
- Graph databases
- Rest APIs
- Virtualization concepts and tools(Open Stack, VMWare)
- Exposure to Mainframe Systems
- University degree in a Computer Science related discipline
If you don't meet some of these requirements, it's important to show us how curious you are about them, and how eager you are to learn and improve.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top