Senior Software Engineer
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Today's computing world is built on customer data - data is fundamental to every customer, whether it is in their datacenters attached to their private servers, or in private or public clouds. Having access to your data where you want, how you want and when you want has never been more important.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us make it happen.
Who are we?
Our teams have a long history of successful innovation, including the world's first Storage Virtualization Data Storage Subsystems.
Our engineers get involved in every step of the product lifecycle from requirements gathering with sponsor users all the way through development and field support.
Currently the group is responsible for the award-winning range of Spectrum Virtualize storage software and devices, including FlashSystem V7000, V5000, V9000, V9100, and SAN Volume Controller (SVC).
For a short visual introduction of our flagship product look here.
Our products combine many cutting-edge technologies such as virtualization, real-time frameworks, advanced data reduction and data placement algorithms, clustering, Fibre Channel, iSCSI & iSER, NVMe, Flash technologies and many others. All the above is used for a single and common goal: to deliver highly reliable storage services to many thousands of customers worldwide.
What will you do?
- Develop & deliver state-of-the-art data reduction and data placement technology to thousands of customers around the world
- Take part in an Agile team responsible for design, development, test and all technical related aspects of our products.
- Write performance-oriented code in C & JAVA for Linux platform, while using cutting edge technology and handling different storage platforms
- Write automation-oriented code to validate the functionality of your deliveries
- Accept the challenge of building the highest performance and most reliable data management systems on the planet.
- Work with a success-driven international team
- You will have the opportunity to work with talented experts in a global environment
- You will work in an energetic startup-like environment following Agile concepts and methodologies
- We will challenge you to think outside of the box, come up with creative ideas and support your process
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Substantial opportunity for career growth
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BSc/MSc in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of hands-on development experience in C/C++
- Experience in large organizations/corporates
- Ready to collaborate with others to get things done
- Responsible, organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English, Hebrew)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with data reduction and/or data placement technologies
- Experience with large-scale distributed software systems
- Experience with concurrent programming, multithreading and synchronization
- Knowledge in high availability, load balancing, clustering
- Familiarity with storage concepts and protocols
- Development experience on Linux OS
- Experience in automation development
- Experience with Python/Perl/JAVA
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top