Senior Software Engineer / Designer (Cloud & Infrastructure)
Senior Software Engineer / Designer responsible for the design, and implementation of cloud storage environments for IBM internal services. Looking for motivated individuals to drive the creation of cloud storage services, taking advantage of available resources or building out new capabilities in the cloud to fill gap areas. These individuals will work with other team members in the Global Infrastructure Domain of the IBM VIO to support the Internal movement of services into the cloud by the creation of enabling cloud storage facilities/services/environments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years cloud storage experience specifically in backup and or shared file
- Minimum 2 years Architecture experience in any of the following: storage, services, automation, and or tooling
- Minimum 2 years experience in IBM Cloud manager with Openstack OR equivalent environments
- Minimum 3 years background in any of the following: storage tools, devices, protocols, and or services
- Minimum 3 years experience with the SoftLayer environment OR equivalent
- Minimum 3 years software development / design experience in any Cloud Application or Infrastructure Services framework.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- End user tools/application design and implementation
- Willingness and drive to learn new technologies and concepts
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, team members, and management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and requests
- Ability to create innovative solutions
- Ability to plan, document and effectively implement projects and systems
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top