Senior Software Developer_PowerVC
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're encouraged to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
We will provide you opportunities to grow in IBM by encouraging you to explore the area/technology that you are passionate about.
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Business Unit Introduction:
The IBM Systems Business Unit provides clients with infrastructure technologies. It offers a range of systems designed to address Computing capacity, Security and performance needs of businesses, Hyperscale Cloud service providers and Scientific Computing organizations.
At IBM India Systems Development Lab, we are proud to be working on solutions to enable efficient management of Power Systems which are built to run most advanced and mission-critical workloads of various Clients across the world. These servers are specifically suited for highly demanding, data-intensive & reliable Cloud & Cognitive (AI) applications. IBM Power offers a wide portfolio of Systems ranging from Enterprise to Scale-Out Servers, Hyperconverged to Accelerated servers which cater to Client needs such as Cloud computing, AI, High-performance Computing and real-time analytics.
Who You are :
- IBM India Systems Development Lab is looking for Software Engineer / Developer to be integral part of a team responsible for design and implementation of new features of an IaaS product. The product is an advanced virtualization and cloud management offering built on top of OpenStack.
- You will get an opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and integration with cloud based products from VMWare, Google and SAP. The environment is managed in a totally automated approach applying DevOps and Agile methodologies.
What You will do :
- You'll be part of IBM PowerVC Product built on OpenStack to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for Power Systems
- You'll develop quality code in an agile process working with Offering Managers, Architects and Software developers.
- You'll contribute to development of features in the network, storage, Compute & security domains.
- You'll support customers in their ongoing product.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8 to 15 years of experience in software development [Programming skills, development processes, tools etc]
- Strong programming skills on - Python, Linux & Shell scripting, J2EE, C/C++
- Understanding of virtualization concepts
- Automation & CI/CD
- Hands on experience on OpenStack and its various modules
- Sound understanding of Open APIs and protocols such as RESTful
- Fluent in English with good communication skills
- Excellent design and debugging skills
- Passion for open source software development
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM Power platform & Hypervisors [PowerVM, KVM] is a plus
- Understanding on Cloud platforms and management architectures
- Deployment & configuration of OpenStack environment using Ansible
- Knowledge of VLAN, OVS and NW Nodes
- Exposure to heterogeneous Storage systems
- Awareness of Software Defined Infrastructure [SDN, SDS]
- Cognizant of DevOps culture and experience on unit testing frameworks
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top