Senior Software Developer - IBM Security - MaaS360
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be critical." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is reassured. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're encouraged to craft breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction:
Offers one of the most advanced and integrated portfolios of enterprise security products and services. The portfolio, supported by world renowned IBM X-Force® research, enables organizations to effectively manage risk and defend against emerging threats.
IBM's security portfolio provides solutions to organizations which holistically protect their people, data, applications and infrastructure. IBM operates one of the world's broadest security research, development and delivery organizations, monitors 20 billion security events per day in more than 130 countries, and holds more than 3,000 security patents.
Is the Trusted Leader in Enterprise Mobility Management providing solutions to thousands of customers worldwide
from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses, rely on this software as the foundation for their mobile initiatives. We make working in a mobile world simple and safe by delivering comprehensive mobile security and management for applications, content, email, and devices. Instantly accessible from the web, MaaS360 is easy to use and maintain and provides the flexibility organizations need to fully embrace mobility in every aspect of their business. Backed by the most responsive support in the industry, we put our customers first by providing them with the best user experience for IT and employees.
Who you are:
As a Senior Software Developer...You will
- Develop strategies and long-term plans for researching new or projected operating systems and complete software architecture and provides recommendations.
- Conceptualize, researches, analyzes and proposes new software architecture designs and evaluates and recommends enhancements to existing software architecture. Designs, researches and develops components of software architecture.
- Coordinate and/or provide technical direction on integration of new complex technologies with overall software architecture. Preferably worked in SaaS environment.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Software Developer...You will
- Design researches and develops components of software architecture.
- Coordinate and/or provides technical direction on integration of new highly complex technologies with overall software architecture. Ensures that newly designed or revised databases stay in sync with company standards for design, maintenance, modification and efficiency.
- Solve problems and resolves or recommends highly creative solutions for highly complex software problems that impact software and/or systems architecture.
- Provide technical direction on product planning for complete software systems.
- Participate in presenting technical plans and proposals to various technical and non-technical groups and provides recommendations.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the authority you want to be
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-10 Yrs of Experience.
- Proven technical knowledge which encompasses Software Development, Dev-Ops, Release automation, Security
- Comprehensive knowledge of overall software architecture and related databases. SQL (Oracle) , NoSQL , Big Data, Enterprise Java applications
- Deployment architecture for enterprise grade cloud env (public / private)
- Proven experience in crafting & architecting - HA. fault tolerant, scalable systems.
- Designing for PSR (performance, scalability, reliability) for SaaS / Cloud.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related software languages...Java, C++, Scripting languages & tools (performance, benchmark, profiling)
- Should be able to evaluate open source tools & technologies, recommend suitable tools based on the requirements.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proven knowledge with IT field related technologies and environment; Cloud, Mobile Devices, etc..
- Proven knowledge in Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge in utilizing Atlassian JIRA platform including understanding of workflow/ process development.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top