Senior Software Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position is being advertised in both the London and Hursley area
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will be the Subject Matter Expert on developing on Kubernetes (K8s) and migrating Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) workloads. As part of modernizing the application, you will advise on and help implement container DevOps and SRE. You will also leverage deep skills and best practices to provide expertise and leadership to architect and design IBM cloud solutions that will help our clients drive technology benefits and business outcomes across industries. You will work with cutting edge technologies such as Watson, Blockchain, IoT, Big Data, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry as well as with a passionate team of people who are driving the innovation and digital transformation to cross-industry enterprise clients with the adoption of IBM Cloud. An ideal candidate will be familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development, and have experience in building horizontally scalable, always-on applications.
- Design and implement enterprise-grade K8s applications
- Partner with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to create solutions to meet business and technical opportunities
- Understand and communicate technical advantages and tradeoffs for PCF to K8s migration
- Explore and develop new technical skills and industry practices while absorbing professional knowledge quickly and using demonstrated interpersonal skills to be an effective ambassador for IBM Cloud
- Use exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to the identified business requirements from our clients; ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience with development on K8s+Docker, preferably using OpenShift PaaS Platform
Experience with PCF application development architecture such as microservices and full stack development
Deep understanding of development frameworks (Spring, ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Convert/translate PCF environments into corresponding K8s/Docker platform with resiliency, security and scalability
- Deep understanding of PaaS - Cloud Foundry, OpenShift
- Private and public Cloud implementation experience
- Experience implementing various microservice patterns (Circuit breaker pattern, bulkhead pattern, backends for front end patterns, cache aside patterns etc.)
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top