Senior Security Specialist - Endpoint Protection
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who You are:
- You will be responsible to oversee the day to day operation of Security Service in security operations.
- Operation and utilization of (Sophos/Mcafee/Symantec), Appliance-Based Proxy/ Websense / Forcepoint/ and cloud-based zScaler, Encryption & security tooling and its associated process.
- Manage Sophos/Mcafee/Symantec Appliance-Based Proxy/ Websense / Forcepoint/ and cloud-based zScaler, Encryption, Two Factor Authentication and Security Technologies, by Design, implementation, on-going management & troubleshooting.
- Create and Maintain Security Operation Procedures (SOP)Initiate actions to remediate any discoveries that pose a threat to the Environment and participate in the Incident Management process as a Subject Matter Expert for the Malware service.
- Technical ownership in the installation, configuration, operations, and upgrade of Symantec DLP components including agent's rollout.
- Configure and fine-tune policy and ensure that False Positives are eliminated
- Stabilize and optimize DLP system performance, including rules and reports.
- Act as the subject matter expert of Symantec DLP solution, by keeping up to date with new features and capabilities
- Handle day to day monitoring and operations for DLP and policy incidents
- Should have knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
- Proven knowledge of operating system platforms, web proxies (BlueCoat), MTAs, network protocols.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from experts in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7 years of Security administration experience with exposure to Administrating Security Tools (Sophos/Symantec/McAfee/).
- 8 years' experience working with Security infrastructure
- Should have proven understanding and experience of various security technologies for Endpoint security solutions (AV, HIPS, Hard Disk Encryption), Authentication products (Quest Defender/RSA Secure ID/Secure Envoy)
- Proven understanding of encryption technologies, encryption key management, and information security policies
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with all user departments and groups
- Should focus on delivering tangible, measurable results to exacting timescales
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top