Senior Security Professional - QRadar
IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who You are:
- You will be responsible for providing IT security services to clients within the IBM Security Services Managed Security Services organization.
- You are an individual contributor to work within IBM Managed Security Services, Global SOC to support the Managed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) services.
- Proven experience in Security Information & Event Management platform.
- Expertise in QRadar design, Architecture / configure use cases.
- Expertise in integrating log sources with SIEM platforms.
- Proven understanding of IT infrastructure platforms.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations.
- Create new & fine Tune use cases.
- Integration of standard and non-standard logs in QRadar.
- Configure dashboard and scheduled reports in QRadar.
- Document and maintain technical standard operating procedures.
- Monitor latest OEM updates/patches and communicate to next level.
- Front end customer facing activities.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from experts in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Create, modify and tune the QRadar rules to adjust the specifications of alerts and incidents.
- Work with the customer designated personnel to provide continual correlation rule tuning, incident classification, and prioritization recommendations.
- Report query adjustments, and various other QRadar configuration activities.
- Assist customers to fully optimize the QRadar system capabilities as well as the audit and logging features of the event log sources.
- Additional knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following concepts and technologies is a plus: SIEM, Proxies, Content Filtering, Vulnerability Scanning, Email and Web Security.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 6+years of experience in IBM QRadar.
- Work closely with the assigned Managed Services QRadar resources to ensure client's customized solution is functioning optimally and continuously tuned to the client's needs.
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive and professional manner.
- Resolve problems related to Network, Device, Policy, connectivity issues etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top