Senior Security Operation Engineer - IBM CISO
Job: Sr. Security Operation Engineer
Work Location: IBM Herndon, VA Location (2300 Dulles Station Blvd, Herndon, VA 20171)
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We're looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in our location in Herndon, VA.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical information and security background with an emphasis on supporting enterprise security applications and services. He / She will work within a fast¬ paced, Agile program environment collaborating with cybersecurity architects and technology teams across IBM CISO and business units to implement and support next generation security solutions.
Essential Job Duties:
• Contact with customers and ensure solutions for their issues. Drive customer satisfaction.
• For service enablement, this role will assist internal engineering teams with onboarding, planning and integration to maximize business value and enhance user experience.
• Basic understanding of Linux, LDAP, some Python scripts and logging.
• Strong customer service skills to support and troubleshoot issues the client is experiencing.
• Capable of turning use cases into DLP rules within CASB and Network DLP.
• Assist with rule tuning and reducing false positives with internal engineers.
• Perform Day today monitoring and operational support.
• Respond to, handle and escalate service and implementation issues.
• Understanding of Cloud Access Security Broker methodology.
• Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, patch administration, kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis, and network configuration/tuning.
• Documentation of Standard Operating procedure guidelines.
• Work with development initiatives to proactively prepare server builds and input on design/implementation considerations.
• Understanding of Cyber Security and Different Domains of Cyber Security
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Also, be able to create supported documentation for end users or customers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Self-starter who is excited about technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years experience in managing and supporting security services and enterprise security applications.
• 5+ years of Hands-on Linux System Administration experience
• Security Essentials or Understanding of Cyber security domains.
• 2+ year python scripting experience.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Python scripting, Linux, and LDAP
• Experience in Agile Methodologies.
• Experience in supporting CASB.
• Linux and Security Certifications
• Experience with Cloud Service Providers (Box, Slack, GitHub)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top