Senior Security Architects
IBM Security - Infrastructure and Endpoint Security Architect
IBM Security is looking for Security Architects to support a variety of projects across multiple industry sectors. Your role will be a mix of consultancy, design and delivery. You might:
- Consider, understand and document client requirements;
- Engage with other teams in IBM Security and the wider IBM, to put a value proposition to clients and help win new business;
- Deliver agreed pieces of work either as team lead or as part of a team.
Projects are based across the UK, often on client premises. The expectation of team members is that they will travel to support clients on site.
Are you passionate about keeping current and open to new ideas?
To develop your knowledge, along with the cooperative nature of the team, you will be encouraged to constantly learn and improve by visiting industry events and workshops. You will also have access to the global IBM education portal which you are also encouraged to explore as we believe that education and development should not be exclusively security based. Making time to think and explore leads us to develop new ideas and to be better able to help our clients.
IBM has a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings to the workplace. We believe that innovation comes from seeking out and inspiring collaboration in all dimensions. Consciously building inclusive teams and encouraging diversity of ideas helps us make the greatest impact for our clients, our colleagues, and the world.
All permanent IBM employees have the opportunity to apply to work flexibly under the IBM Flexible Working Policy. Any flexibility is subject to prior management approval in line with business needs.
As a minimum, you have the following:
- Experienced as an IT architect and practiced as a Security Architect
- Has experience in defining and delivering security architectures in complex multi-technology environments
- Architecture of two or more of the following Security Technologies:
Experience or understanding of:
- Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard, SABSA)
- Security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, UK Gov Good Practice Guides)
- Security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. Security +, Cyber Essentials, CISSP)
- Networking: TCP/IP, OSI, Switching, Routing, NAT, VPN, WAN, ACL
- Understanding of common L7 protocols: HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, RPC, FTP, DCHP and others
- Practical experience of Unix-like and Windows operating systems
- Experience of scripting eg Unix shell, PowerShell
- Understanding of service management at ITIL Foundation level
- Willingness and eligibility to hold UK Government security clearance
- Knowledge of Information Security Management Principles
- Strong appreciation of risk management
- Ability to translate complex technical terms into business IT language
- Ability to confidently interact with clients
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See job description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See job description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top