Senior SAP Skilled Practitioners - Functional Consultants
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are looking for a various roles to add to our existing SAP support team, which is the largest co-located SAP team in Canada. We provide our client base both steady state and project support. Under the Functional Consultant umbrella the following roles exist, SAP HR, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Industry Standards, Master Data, Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Enterprise Management, BObj, BW, BPC, HANA, CRM, Hybris, Success Factors, Ariba and Mobility consultants. Within many of the mentioned roles there are skills and areas of expertise would exist, but are simply too numerous to list. We are always seeking a wide range of skills at various levels of expertise, and as such the suitable candidate(s) will have relevant experience of 2-10+ years in the applicable position being applied for.
Requirements (will of course vary depending on the position interviewed for, but will include one of more of the following skill sets):
- All functional roles use consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the client's business environment in order to achieve client expected business results. This includes implementation planning, fit analysis, configuration, testing, rollout and post-implementation support. The functional consultant resolves configuration and functional business issues across the various modules and skill areas listed above. Identify improvement opportunities in business systems, assisting in testing process in order to discover errors and issues in business processes, documentation or user's lack of experience. Application support and training of end users, and integrating/cooperating with consultants from other modules. Support business development activities such as identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities.
- Assists clients in the selection, implementation, and support of the SAP HR module. Module skills might include personnel administration, recruitment, organizational management, personnel development, health and safety, training & events, payroll, time management, compensation management, portal, or self-service.
- Experience in SAP FI and CO modules, General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Cost and Profit Center Accounting (CPA) and Internal Orders. Experience in SAP FI-CA, FSCM, PS and TR modules. Configuration of SAP FI modules in IMG based on business requirements.
- Selection, design and implementation of Logistics Modules: Material management (MM), Sales & distribution (SD), Production, Planning & Control (PP), Product Data Management (PDM), Quality Management (QM), Plant maintenance (PM), Service management(SM), Project systems (PS).
- Experience in supply chain networking, supply chain planning, supply chain coordination, and SCE (Supply Chain Execution), and/or experience with the applications related to Advanced Planning, Optimization, Scheduling and Integration with other SAP execution applications. SAP Supply Network Collaboration (SNC), SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM), SCM Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), SAP EDS and EIS, SCM Forecasting and Replenishment (FRE) and SAP Transportation Management (TM).
- Experience in the Industry Solutions Modules like Utilities, Banking, Retail, Oil and Gas
- Experience with Master Data Management
- Proven experience assisting clients in the selection, implementation, and support of Supplier Relationship Management for SAP.
- Selection, design and implementation of CRM modules of SAP. Consulting skills, business knowledge and SAP CRM expertise to effectively integrate SAP CRM into the client's business environment. Skills include software selection, requirements definition, configuration, testing, SAP CRM functional knowledge, SAP CRM Marketing, SAP CRM Service, SAP CRM e-Commerce, SAP CRM Interaction Center Operations and Management, SAP CRM Channel Management.
- Selection, implementation, and support of SAP Business Planning & Consolidation. Consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the client's business environment. Strong knowledge and experience in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation BPC, SAP Strategy Management SSM, SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation BFC, SAP Profitability and Cost Management PCM.
- Selection, implementation and support of Success Factors specialized modules. Required certifications, strong functional knowledge of the system. Ability to adapt existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to client problems. Interact with clients to update the recent release changes in SuccessFactors system configuration.
- Selection, implementation and support of Fiori Tiles. Proven experience with the following tasks: Creating and Configuring Tiles and Catalogs for Standard SAP Fiori Applications. Extending Standard data models of Fiori application to add customer specific data. Extending UI layer of SAP Fiori to exposing custom data to Fiori apps. Create custom SAP Fiori applications. Add custom workflow scenarios as well integrating workflow with Fiori applications. Configure Standard workflows and integrate them to applications.
- Selection, implementation, and support of the SAP Hybris multi-channel e-commerce solutions.
- Ability to work smoothly and successfully with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to effectively lead meetings, facilitate solutions, motivate the development team, & create effective documentation.
- Detail oriented multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands to targeted deadlines.
Education and qualification:
- Bachelor's degree, College diploma or a satisfactory amount of industry and consulting experience.
- SAP Certifications are an asset
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Please see above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top