Senior SAP Skilled Practitioners - FI and CO
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Fit/Gap analysis and business /process modeling
- Gathering requirements from functional business owners
- Assessing the business and application requirements
- Designing robust business processes considering accepted industry practices
- Configuring and testing the software
- Driving the development of functional and systems specifications
- Writing and maintaining necessary documentation
- Actively performing knowledge transfer to client team members
- Communicate and work with people of all levels in a team environment
- Provide support to deployment as necessary
General Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in financial accounting, management accounting and / or financial performance management
- Strong leadership qualifications and experience
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; confident and credible working with VP level clients (senior positions).
- Manage and lead the on-site and off-site Finance Support Teams (4 resources) and Finance Project Teams (3 resources)
- Provide status updates on operational activities, incidents, service requests and minor enhancements
- Monitor and manage team activities and provide action plans
- Perform problem management tasks and communicate escalation procedures
- Create a sense of community among peers
- Understand the existing skill set versus the client's requirements and develop a training strategy
- Assist team members with highly complex and diversified issues
- Apply best practices and propose world class solutions to improve customer satisfaction and enhance overall delivery quality
- Harvest reusable assets
- Contribute to the incremental revenue by identifying additional opportunities and assisting in proposal development
- Strong Financial configuration skills in SAP versions 4.6C and above. Preferred applicants will be certified in version 4.6c or above
- Experience with the integration points between FICO and other modules
- Knowledge of "best practices" built into the SAP software
- Knowledge of SOX compliance parameters would be an asset
- Experience using the ASAP implementation methodology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years SAP implementation project experience with FI and/or CO
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum 5 years SAP implementation project experience with FI and/or CO
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top