Senior SAP Functional - MM
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
The Senior SAP Functional - MM position requires experience in:
- Designing/configuring business processes in SAP Supply which includes: MM and SD to procure goods and services by converting a buy-repair plan sales order or third-party request to a purchase request (PR) within SAP.
- Process and convert PRs to purchase orders through commercial contracting purchase card MILSTRIP for Navy/DLA purchase or buyer funding document sent to another government agency.
- Record obligations and process invoices.
- Must have experience working with FI and SD modules to integrate functionality as well as experience assisting with the interface designs to communicate with external vendors (i.e. DAAS ITIMP).
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5+ years SAP experience; Material / Plant Extensions.
- WM/IM (MM) to manage and record inventory and goods movements at the Inventory Management and Warehouse Management levels including storage of material physical inventory carcass tracking and reconciliation analysis of stock in transit MRL and MRIL data and goods receipt and verification against purchase orders and inbound deliveries.
- Must also have experience designing functionality to manage employee workload and warehouse operations.
- Experience working with hazardous material is required for some billets.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Federal experience desired (DoD experience preferred).
- Active National Agency Check with Inquiries(NACI).
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top