Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, IBM Interactive Experience
As a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst you must have an appetite for customer experience and user satisfaction and be passionate about delivering quality software that meets client requirements. You will be used to researching and implementing modern QA processes, frameworks and tooling with a focus on automation techniques, across the projects you work on.
You will have a proven track record of delivering a variety of technical solutions and products using a range of testing methods and tools. You will be experienced in producing accurate test reports and will be able to manage and mitigate risks. You will have experience creating and implementing quality assurance strategies, processes and procedures and be able to define, communicate and escalate quality-related issues, pushing back when work does not meet quality standards.
As iX advocates the use of automation, it is important you are enthusiastic about automated testing and have experience with automation tools, just as you understand the value of manual or exploratory testing. These skills will allow you to work closely with developers ensuring the delivery of high quality software across web and mobile platforms.
General responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading QA activities across projects and work closely with the development team to ensure appropriate adoption of tools and processes.
- Being the primary point of contact for QA with clients you work with.
- Becoming an expert in the technical solutions and experiences being delivered for projects you work on.
- Remaining focused on end users, how they will interact with the solution and delivering a quality digital experience.
- You will also contribute to overall IBM iX QA strategy by continuously evaluating our approach and recommending ways we can improve our execution and the quality of deliverables for our clients.
Test responsibilities include:
- Create, publish and execute detailed test strategies that take into consideration multiple testing techniques including the automation of static code analysis, unit and functional tests.
- Understand how and when different types of testing complement each other and successfully apply multiple techniques to projects.
- Use knowledge of client(s) to develop innovative, tailored strategies.
- Advocate and advise on BDD processes including how to write appropriate acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Define and document standards for test frameworks and coding
Test preparation and planning
- Be able to successfully estimate and plan tests that fits with project timelines.
- Create test plans that can adapt to project change or delivery methodology without compromising quality.
- Setup and configure modern automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Configuration of cross-browser/device cloud services including the integration of automated scripts.
- Co-ordinate the test lifecycle and work with development team to integrate tools and tests with CI and CD pipelines.
- Work with business stakeholders and product owners to define appropriate acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Write and execute test cases and scripts.
- Raise issues and manage defect backlog with development team.
- Ensures tests are executed across agreed browsers and devices.
- Complete accessibility testing to agreed standard and work with development team to determine issues to be resolved.
- Validates that application user interfaces visually match approved designs - attention to detail is critical.
- Code review of automated/scripted tests.
- Ensures test cases and scripts cover all client requirements.
- Be able to differentiate between functional and non-functional requirements and ensure full coverage of both.
- Anticipates edge conditions and scenarios. Understands when it is required to test beyond stated requirements.
- Take responsibility for the documentation of all testing activity
- Create full test reports for large projects.
- Accurately records all tests completed and test results.
- Work with development team to configures dashboards that include the results and metrics for automated tests
- Actively participate in sprint reviews to communicate test activities, results and metrics
Raising of quality defects
- Ensure defects have clear step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce errors, and include relevant screen shots, data and reference to correct test documentation.
- Work with product owner to determine the severity of defects
- Work closely with the development team to ensure accurate understanding of defects
The successful candidate will have a general interest in all things Digital and the ability to see the 'bigger picture' along with excellent communication skills. Working with Development teams, products owners, business stakeholders and colleagues across IBM iX, you will join a team of expert professionals who drive customer experience and user satisfaction with quality software, personalised to our clients' specific needs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong hands-on software testing experience
- Technical understanding of web and mobile applications that integrate with external platforms, APIs and content management systems.
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and software testing
- Knowledge of Browser Compatibility, Accessibility, Performance and Security testing methods and techniques.
- Experience in cross-browser and cross-device testing using physical, virtual and cloud-based services such as BrowserStack.
- Experience testing APIs and Restful services
- Commercial experience working with source code management, CI/CD systems and automated testing tools tooling such as Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber and/or SpecFlow, WebDriverIO.
- Commercial experience of software development within an Agile delivery environment
- TDD/BDD experience and an understanding of the role it plays in QA
- Knowledge and competency in a variety of test tracking and reporting tools from a number of providers including the Atlassian software suite
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with testing software on any of the following technology stacks (or equivalent): Single Page Web Applications, mobile applications, Content Management Systems, Node.js, Java, .NET, SQL, XML, RESTful web services,
- Experience coaching and mentoring less experienced QA professionals
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top