Senior Project Manager, Cloud Application Migration
Senior Project Manager - Cloud Application Migration
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of IBM's large and complex systems integration projects, including cloud-related modernisation and migration, and digital transformation type projects.
Individuals within this specialty and skill-set manage client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements. This specialty is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the client with overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, quality as well as contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including offshore global delivery resources, vendors and subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client. The individual is expected to have very strong client facing governance capabilities, including C-suite communication and negotiation capabilities.
The Senior Project Manager is recognised as an authority in project management, independently handling unique situations and assisting others, providing guidance to executives, as well as mentoring and helping develop less experienced project management staff.
Key skills and experience:
- 6+ years of Project Management experience.
- Managed all project phases (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, closing) and participated in concept/proposal phase.
- Managed projects with at least 10 Full-time-equivalents (FTEs) per month over a 12 month period.
- Demonstrate master level in project planning, tracking and reporting; deliverables reflect high quality standards and drive high client satisfaction; ability to consistently meet financial (including revenue and gross profit) targets; ability to manage high risk environments; and ability to manage cross business unit / highly complex programs.
- Ownership and reconciliation of monthly project financials, managing and delivering to overall project price case.
- Experience managing distributed teams (onshore, offsite/offshore).
- Experience managing subcontractors and subcontract agreements.
- Demonstrate passion for the business, client insight, breakthrough thinking, drive to achieve, team leadership, teamwork, decisiveness, building organisational capabilities, developing talent, and personal dedication.
- Successfully managed large multidisciplinary teams. Must be a recognised positive influence among teammates and have a proven ability to lead others.
- Experience managing large Agile, and/or hybrid Agile/traditional projects.
- Project Management or equivalent certification eg. PMI, PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
Desired skills and experience:
- Agile project delivery related certification eg. SAFe.
- 2+ years of Technical / Business / Industry related experience.
- Experience managing complex Cloud-related projects (eg. on IBM Cloud, AWS, MS Azure or other platforms), for example legacy modernisation, application migration, new development.
- Experience with digital transformation projects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top