Senior Project Executive - Toronto
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. We're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era. Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
We are currently seeking experienced Senior Project Executive for our ADMI Practice (Application Development and Management Innovation). We wish to add senior talent to help drive our market growth and shape new solutions which deliver end-to-end transformation for our clients. We advise clients on strategy and implementation of innovative and complex transformational solutions that enable our clients to become efficient and able to provide value added partnering support to their businesses.
AMDI assumes the management of all or part of our clients' application portfolio and portions of infrastructure to enable focus on core strategic business competencies. IBM applies its deep business and technology skills, leading innovation and world-class business processes to streamline application management functions, improve governance, and modernize application portfolios in support of future business needs and strategic shifts-all while reducing costs.
We require an extraordinary team leader, an astute business person, who exhibits exceptional business insight, with executive/boardroom presence and outstanding judgment.
Our engagements can be characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resources issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of the program and / or our clients. The programs are normally large and complex situations that are often global in scope and negotiations are conducted at the highest levels. This role provides an opportunity to work with world class clients and world class IBM products and services and provides a good balance between selling opportunities and delivery.
As a Senior Project Executive, you will be responsible for managing large, complex engagements, for delivery excellence, proper communication with the client and the IBM teams, proper financial performance and identifying additional sales opportunities. You can demonstrate equally balanced skills in the following key areas:
- Client relationship management;
- Consultative selling;
- Financial / business management;
- Portfolio / program management;
- Team / people management.
- Analyzing Business & IT Challenges;
- Applying Strategic Innovative Thinking for Insights;
- Applying Strategic Risk Taking;
- Managing Complex Business Outsourcing Contracts;
- Advising on Large or Complex Engagements;
- Applying Deal Making Techniques to Complex Opportunities;
- Leading Development of Large/Complex Deals/Bids;
- Applying Risk Management Skills.
- Being the primary focal point and owner for all activities on a large complex contract;
- Successful delivery of IBM's largest and most complex client commitments;
- Managing client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements;
- Constructing partnerships between clients, team IBM, vendors, and subcontractor organizations and managing the implementation of these partnerships to address business;
- Accountability for meeting revenue, profit, and growth objectives and for improving overall customer satisfaction targets;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships at all levels with the objective of being a trusted business partner;
- Proactively working with the client to identify their business objectives, priorities and directions, critical success factors and applying this knowledge to establish and implement an Account Strategy;
- Translating customer requirements into formal agreements, establishing specific solutions, and leading the efforts that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Having overall responsibility for their contractual cost, schedule and contractual deliverables;
- Managing IBM resources and coordinating client resources to deliver services and solutions to support the client organization;
- Being recognized for business acumen by the customer you support.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Financial Services Industry experience;
- Strong Program management skills;
- At least 6 years' experience driving large projects to successful completion from both delivery and financial perspectives;
- A proven track record of interacting with senior personnel at the client site in a consulting environment;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of IT Solutions;
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated oversight of:
- Project revenue of $8-10M;
- Team: 250-300 (on & offshore);
- Cloud, API or legacy Contracts.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 10 years' experience driving large projects to successful completion from both delivery and financial perspectives;
- ERP exposure;
- PMP certification;
- Prefer candidates that possess a knowledge of IBM's internal structure and processes.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top