Senior Programmer/Configure BASIS
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
As an SAP BASIS Programmer/Configure, you will apply expertise/capabilities to lead delivery of BASIS administration services to client. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement SAP environments and develop creative solutions to meet database performance.
- Handle and ensure availability and performance of SAP systems, including underlying databases and servers.
- Lead production SAP landscapes.
- Lead functional teams/end users to identify, resolve, and eliminate production issues and performance variances.
- Understand and run disaster recovery systems using Oracle Dataguard.
- Evaluate and apply updates and patches, as required.
- Document procedures and system changes.
- Monitor and tune SAP performance.
- Administer system and end-user security using the SAP profile configurator and related transactions, maintaining documentation and following established procedures.
Relocation to the Harrisburg, PA area, United States Citizenship, and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Clearance is a requirement.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 10+ years of Navy ERP BASIS and 5 years of SAP experience.
- At least 2 years experience in knowledge of operating system (Solaris), SAP system administration, SAP correction and transport systems, and SAP system monitoring and tuning.
- At least 1 year experience in SME for SAP ECC.
- Active DoD Clearance (SSBI or above).
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Previous Federal experience.
- Security+ certification.
- OS Certification (Linux or Unix).
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top