Senior Performance Test Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role will collaborate across functional teams (QA, DevOps, Product and others) to define the performance / load / capacity / resiliency test requirements, create scripts, workloads, run tests, and report on any issues that are happening during the test for large scale, multi-region Enterprise level Video Distribution and Streaming platforms with millions of simultaneous users. During the face-to-face stage of the interview process all candidates will have to complete Performance Test and Scripting Exams.
• Provide testing and analysis of complex high-volume systems to ensure they are compliant with load and performance requirements and can perform well in production
• Create blueprints for API level performance testing
• Independently develop test scripts for API performance testing as well as using web protocols supported by the tools, create test scenarios and execute tests
• Consult on workload models & target SLAs
• Create Runbooks
• Compile and analyze test results and write test reports
• Direct and/or assist in root cause analysis of performance issues
• Oversees performance risks at every life cycle phase and prepares mitigation plans
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience with JMeter
• 3+ years of experience of JMeter within BlazeMeter or Flood.io
• 7+ years of experience in Information Technology including test planning, test execution, and analysis
• Experience with performance tuning of high-volume, large scale, multi-region Enterprise level applications with millions of simultaneous users
• Strong skills in Java, Python or Ruby programming languages
• Strong understanding of Runtime settings and options in JMeter / BlazeMeter or Flood.io
• Strong API level performance testing skills
• Strong understanding of test and verification processes, methods, and tools
• Proven ability to create automated test scripts, test scenarios and analyze results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Experience with Flood.io
• Performance testing experience with application servers such as Tomcat
• Prior experience with server-side resource analysis of Linux/Unix systems is a big plus
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top